To film your animation with a video camera, we recommend the Stop Motion Pro USB video adapter. This is because more modern video cameras (SD, HD, DVD) do not output 'live' video down the USB.
The benefits of the adapter are:
- Can be used with a very wide range of Camcorders, Video cameras and digital still cameras
- Tested by Stop Motion Pro on Windows XP, Vista 32bit, Vista 64bit, Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64bit
- Composite and S-Video Inputs
- Stereo Audio Inputs
- Supports Both NTSC and PAL
- Powered by the PC
- Includes Arcsoft video editing software and Arcsoft DVD creation software
Purchasing the adapter
You can purchase the Video adapter here.
How the adapter works
The Adapter has a USB connection for your PC and video connections for your camera's AV, Video, Video out or S-Video socket. With some cameras, a special cord will have been provided by the camera manufacturer.
The adapter is only for standard definition. For high definition video capture, we suggest using the Blackmagic Design Intensity card.
Proving the adapter will work with your camera before purchasing
You can test if the Video adapter will work with your camera using the following process:
- Set your camera to standard definition
- Identify your camera's AV, Video, Video out or S-Video socket
- Connect the camera to your TV's video input socket using the cord supplied by the camera manufacturer
- Turn on the TV and camera and identify the camera setting to see the 'live' picture
- If you having difficulties seeing a 'live' picture consult the camera manual, contact the camera manufacturer or try an alternative camera.
Here is a video of the adapter with Stop Motion Pro v7: